Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2017, 09:25 PM   #10
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
Problem with not having a ladder to begin with, nothing to attach it too. Options for this problem are rather limited. Forget the solar and roof maintenance, have someone else do it, or have a helper hold the ladder.
I was thinking more in terms of a couple of clips at top of wall that will stabilize a ladder without carrying the weight. Another simpler approach I saw a roofing contractor use is to bolt a cross member to ladder that rest on edge of roof. This would make it tougher for ladder to slip down or slip to sides. This has benefit of not having to alter the motorhome.

Personally, I would design and build a custom ladder, but that's beyond what most owners can or should do. As part of my job early in my career I designed or approved the design of many custom ladders for platforms, catwalks, tanks, pressure vessels, etc. The biggest challenge would be to make it so that it can be folded or taken apart so it can be stored in the limited size of storage compartments. If I wanted access to roof, I wouldn't give up.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum