Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2017, 03:51 PM   #2
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Search around, I believe this question pops up about once a quarter or so with lengthy threads resulting. Including the people thoroughly wronged that will warn you (in all caps): STAY AWAY FROM THOR!!! Sometimes it even devolves into a "flame war" where the wronged people are upset at all the other people who report "I've had none or very few issues with mine!". It can get messy.

Having said all that: The real key is to find a good dealer. If you have a dealer that has competent service people and will go to bat with you with Thor (even though working directly with Thor can be quite pleasant if you don't berate them). Many good dealers will fix things prior to you even seeing the coach.

In our case: Our Axis had a few issues with it (most notable being: it was a show model and the bathroom door was broken from all the people not understanding how it worked, and we've had a long standing leak under a window--something I'm getting fixed next month at the factory). Other than that we've been pretty happy.

Note the above: "Show model" many people would shy away from a show model as "I don't want all these people walking through my future coach" but the converse to that is: The dealer is going to go through it from top to bottom to make sure its show worthy...perhaps that is why we've had so few issues with ours.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum