Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Synergy Newbie
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2017, 12:04 AM   #9
Puppypaws

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Synergy
State: Florida
THOR #6194
Maiden Voyage of the Synergy

Saturday we packed lightly for our return trip to our home in East Tennessee.

Our biggest dilemma, where to put the corgi? Our corgi is a bit oversized for the breed, 29" long but only 12" tall. We ultimately put a pop up fabric pen between the two twin beds, put a memory foam pad in it, and made that his safe place.

I was nervous driving the Synergy, since the largest vehicle I'd ever driven previously was a mini-van. Turned out, it really wasnt that hard. The Sprinter engine has enough get up and go that I could put the rig wherever it needed. Took a little getting used to not having a rear view mirror, but I learned that the convex mirrors at the bottom of the mirror assembly were terrific. Once I got the mirrors in the right place, I felt confident changing lanes.

We made it up to the Eagles Rest RV campground in Valdosta, Georgia just as the sun was going down. Took my Dad's advice to try to get settled for the first time before dark. We popped into a grocery, bought a small frozen pizza, diet coke, and an IPA for dear hubby. We got to our space and found the campground very nice, with pull through spaces. Hubby got the water and electric plugged in while I walked the Corgi. We got settled inside and hubby baked an awesome spinach pizza in that little convection oven. He fiddled with the electronic gear and then we watched a Star Trek movie and had some microwave pop corn. We were tickled that the microwave/convection oven and the TV/VCR thingy worked so well. It was a great first night!

The next morning we had a little surprise....

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum