Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: House batteries
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2017, 11:55 AM   #65
mustang94

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
THOR #3789
Quote:
Originally Posted by wredman View Post
I have a Hurricane, with 2 batteries. How long would it take the generator/charger to charge the batteries if they drop to about 11.4v. I have my AGS set for ~11.6 now but it was set too low from the factory. The batteries were low on water too. The gen runs for a little over an hour and seems like the batteries are draining pretty quickly for the light load I am putting on them ( house lights and sometimes the radio). Thinking the new batteries may be damaged already.
When you say low, hopefully not below the plates. If possible make sure they are filled just below the bottom of the caps and hook up to some kind of shore power for a day of two just to get a full charge. When not on shore power volts shouldn't drop below 12.0 volts. To fully charge with Gen, it could take 2 of 3 hours. How long have you had these batteries and what kind?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum