Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: House batteries
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2017, 02:42 PM   #67
wredman

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: '17 Hurricane 34F
State: Missouri
THOR #6040
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang94@hot.rr.com View Post
When you say low, hopefully not below the plates. If possible make sure they are filled just below the bottom of the caps and hook up to some kind of shore power for a day of two just to get a full charge. When not on shore power volts shouldn't drop below 12.0 volts. To fully charge with Gen, it could take 2 of 3 hours. How long have you had these batteries and what kind?

I have a new coach, and it did not sit on the dealer lot for a long time. Bought it a few weeks ago and currently I have it stored about 70 miles away so I don't have access to see it and verify details. Just this past weekend I verified the AGS unit settings, the factory had the voltage start set at ~10v, which is why the batteries got to ~11.4 while I was monitoring when or if the AGS would function (no AGS documentation was included in my manual bag - Thor has sent me a digital copy). The batteries took about a 12 ounces of water each to top off, visibility and access did not allow me to see the starting water level, I was happy to just get some water in them.

I drove the coach home - 6 hours, so the batteries were initially (with low water) able to charge for many hours. Recently, I don't think I have been giving them enough time to recharge sufficiently, yet I also do not think they should have been drawn down as much as they have. Everything, except perhaps the battery condition, seems to be working as it should - even if I am just slowly learning what that entails.

Where do you set the "shore max" amperage?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum