Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2017, 02:41 AM   #918
RoseColson

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.1
State: Florida
THOR #6308
Hello!

Hello, all! I'm Rose, and my wife and I are proud owners of a 2016 Thor Vegas 25.1. We've had it since June 2015, and for the most part, we love her. I do the driving and DW makes sandwiches.

Looking at the posts in this thread, though, makes me a little nervous- we are NOT mechanically/technically/vehicle-y brilliant. Fortunately, the two major problems we've had have been repaired by CW under warranty. Within 4 weeks of bringing her home, we acquired a stress crack in the windshield that Thor admitted is a factory problem, so they replaced it for free. The second was that there was no juice to the tow cable, so we towed our car without lights for our entire 3 week trip. Thankfully the rig lights are higher than our dinghy. CW fixed it when we got home. The next big thing is the danged driver side speaker goes in and out. Must be a short so we'll have that looked at before we leave.

I've created a list of other mods/issues that we'd like to take care of before our
4 month road trip this summer. Maybe some of you can offer up some thoughts?

1. Remove cornices/blinds and add lined curtains. I hate those blinds, and I'm a heck of a seamstress, so whipping up curtains won't be an issue.
2. Remove shower track and install a tension rod with wider/longer curtain and liner.
3. I hate the sewer hose taking up a compartment, so I'm going to have my handyman rig up one of those post hose holders I've seen here.
4. The bottom bedroom closet latch blew, so that has to be moved and reinstalled. Also, the accordion door snap fell off, so I'm just going to glue that sucker on because we don't use the door.
5. Under bench storage. Anyone have any ideas? I wanted to put doors in for easier access (removing the cushions and lifting that heavy wood gets tiring, even though we only do it once in a while), but I don't see how it's possible because the bench sides are padded. Maybe just remove the padding somehow? It's such a great space, but rather inconvenient to get to.

Anyway, I could go on and on, but I won't. . This looks like a great place to hang out and get ideas (just nothing to blessedly technical!).

Rose

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.