Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2017, 01:25 PM   #3
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sunshine View Post

....cut...

I asked the Thor rep why there are no drip rails on the Vegas, and why the right mirror on the Vegas isn't spaced out to see around the awning rails. His reply was the stock company line, that each enhancement adds to the cost and they want to hold the price point.
If I understand your mirror question correctly, another solution may be to go with newer awning design that doesn't have vertical rails attached to wall, but rather cantilever out from top. I saw quite a few of those at show, including on Thor motorhomes, that look cleaner, more aero, and eliminate head knockers. Cost may be higher though.

Price point is obviously important, but I think limits design too much, particularly when it comes to their perceived size classes. We were shopping with another couple (different types of units) and were all disappointed on how the industry limits choices by size. That should be a different thread since it has nothing to do with Onan.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.