Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2017, 02:10 PM   #4
Mr Sunshine

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
If I understand your mirror question correctly, another solution may be to go with newer awning design that doesn't have vertical rails attached to wall, but rather cantilever out from top. I saw quite a few of those at show, including on Thor motorhomes, that look cleaner, more aero, and eliminate head knockers. Cost may be higher though.

The Axis/Vegas, and most all newer model RVs, have the new style awnings. You still have the rails on the side that support the awining apparatus, and they stick out from the side almost 2 inches. The reason it is a problem for Axis/Vegas is that the front is tapered so that the mirror mount isn't flush with the sides from the start. The left mirror has a clear view, but the right is obstructed by that awning rail.

I'd consider spending $75 for a longer right mirror arm. Anyone know where to go for that?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum