Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2017, 08:48 PM   #14
TyCreek

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.2
State: Idaho
THOR #1944
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
Great battery comparison. Those batteries do compare almost exactly the same right down to Amp-hours, energy storage, weight and projected 1,200 cycles at 50%. I happen to have picked up Trojan catalogs yesterday at Tampa show.

Do you happen to know how these choices compare in cost?
Roughly the same depending on where you source them.
J185H-AC is $306 and a T105 is $162 at The Solar Biz Better pricing can be found for the T105 though their price on the 12V caught my attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneilkeys View Post
The problem for those of us with smaller motor homes like the Axis is battery size. The Trojan 12v is 14.7" high and the 6v is 11.1" high - both higher than the max 10" my battery box will hold. I don't think I can fit two 6v batteries in my Axis. Has anyone ever tried? It might depend on the placement of the terminals.
Not many choices for the Axis/Vegas battery compartment for sure! I was going to swap out the GC batteries from our previous RV and discovered they were just a bit too tall. Only option I've found is lithium and I'm having a difficult time justifying the expense.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.