Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2014, 03:17 AM   #4
kickingaz

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37KT
State: Arizona
THOR #1313
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRS JARHEAD View Post
We have a 2015 Challenger 37GT since May of this year.......It has been a source of a lot of stress and headaches......I am so disappointed with the rig's quality control.... I am totally shocked they would release it from the plant with so many problems. And after we took delivery it has been back at the dealership for the third time now and that is where it sits as we speak. And that is six to eight weeks at a time being without it......Lots of small problems, few big problems.....biggest being leak under the shower....The dealership is also not doing their job checking the rigs over before you sign on the dotted line....and I take responsibility for not catching more than we did.....I did my research on Thor Coaches and THOUGHT we made a good choice.. I can tell you that if I knew what I know now, I would have chosen a different Manufacturer........Not a Happy Camper!!!!

We had a similar experience with our 2015 Challenger 37KT that we bought July 1st of this year. I had a list of 40 items from the inside and the outside of the coach to be looked at. I understand these leave the factory and have about 2,000 miles on them (when they arrive at the dealers in AZ). I equate this process similar to that of buying a home, there are always items that need to be repaired when you do your walkthrough. Thor sells their motorhomes through dealers and expects the dealers to prep these for sale, just like Ford or Chevy does with their cars. I put more of the blame on the dealers that are just trying to roll these through as quickly as they can. If they don't fix everything and the customer accepts it that way, they save money. I called everything to the dealer's attention, then I got the line that they had to get approval from Thor to make the repairs. We got to use our RV three times between July 1 and the end of October, and the rest of the time our RV spent at the dealership trying to get all the repairs made. It isn't help that there was a major rainstorm in Phoenix during this time and their shop was flooded, but my point is if the repairs would have been made timely, it wouldn't have been there at that point in time.

All in all, I am very happy with our motorhome, issues will occur that will have to be noted during the walkthrough, and I am most frustrated with the RV dealer.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum