Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2017, 03:23 PM   #24
Hudsoner

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29D
State: Florida
THOR #5756
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
When I asked other manufacturers about whether they planned to have smaller motorhomes similar to Axis and Vegas, their responses were generally derogatory of Axis/Vegas, usually saying something about poor ride and handling. When I then asked why they sold Class Cs on identical chassis, they just sat there looking confused. I mentioned the E-Series chassis is actually more sophisticated than the F-53, but they didn't care. All they need to know is that the F-53 can support a BIGGER motorhome, which then makes it superior.
I bet that almost all the salespeople are paid on some kind of a commission base, and they make more money if they sell more expensive coaches. They don't care if you like them once you bought them, because it is very likely that you never ever will buy a new coach from the same salesman again. I also doubt that they have much technical knowledge. It is very likely that their sales training is geared towards a marketing style approach showing you all of the bling of the brand new coach with its wonderful wallpaper, and the even more beautiful door knobs!
I bet that most of them would not even know the difference between an E450 and an F53!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum