Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Sizzer jacks
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2017, 02:18 PM   #3
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Sure:

These are the Balco ones from Camping World.
Where we store our unit also has some mechanics that will work on it for you. They found the locations and welded the jacks on for us.
For the rear ones I had asked them to be slightly angled against each other to provide extra stability (my logic being that they are probably least stable side to side so if they are angled that stability would be increased). That turned out really well because they could poke the end out next to the hitch for easy cranking.

We've only gone camping once since getting them put on (late last season). They did lower the amount of bouncing in the camper--especially at night when people are tossing and turning. Since they can easily handle the weight of the camper I figure the more I crank them down (putting more weight on them and less on the suspension) the less it will shake rattle and roll.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.