Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2017, 03:19 AM   #926
petew

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: North Carolina
THOR #5374
Larry, We were at WDW over MLK weekend so it was pretty busy but not too bad . Later in the week it emptied out , we are old hands at this and had everything fast passed in advance so we saw what we really wanted to.
We are Disney Vacation Club members and had this vacation planned prior to buying our Vegas. We stayed at the Boardwalk Villas which is our home base with DVC.
I figured they would be less than happy when we pulled into the lot with an RV but they were most welcoming and gave me a great place to park it for our 5 night stay right in the hotel lot.
We used the Vegas for the trip down and it worked well for the wife , myself , daughter and two grandsons. We left from North Carolina and drove to Brunswick Georgia where we spent the night in a great RV park then drove the 3.5 hours to Disney the following day.
The trip was made much easier in the Vegas . Grandsons were able to watch DVD's while strapped onto the couch , the ladies had access to the bathroom and I had a steady supply of food and coffee as I drove.
A couple of hours from the RV park in Georgia my wife put a lasagna in the convection oven . It was ready when we arrived and smelled great cooking as we traveled.
I am looking forward to staying at Fort Wilderness in the near future , in fact I would leave for there tomorrow if I could talk my wife into it !
Our experience has been that Feb is a quiet month there , you should have a great time with smaller crowds.

Pete

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum