Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2014, 02:58 PM   #7
Don and Dale

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 29.2
State: Arizona
THOR #1124
I have a 2013 ACE 29.2 and have battled the same issue of the genset shutting down in the heat. There is another forum where this problem has been discussed for over 2 years and resulted in mostly failed attempts to correct by Thor....if they did anything at all. Some installed push pumps which seemed to help, but leaves an open debate as to whether this will create other problems down the road by "forcing" the unit to run in extreme heat conditions when it should shut down from overheating. Others had Thor move the unit to the back cargo bay which put it directly under the bedroom and decreased the storage of that bay. That also left many not wanting that change because of the noise levels. Insulating the fuel lines and genset bay proved useless. Personally, I received no support from Thor as my unit is out of factory warranty and was told it was an Onan problem and to contact them and they would do nothing about it even if it was under warranty. Great customer support eh?. Although FW28z has some good info, I would look at what code you get when it shuts down. I encourage you to talk with Thor, I would be very curious to hear what their response to you would be. There is alot of very upset owners because of this issue and this issue alone. For me, the way Thor handled my concern and issue and their lack of support has convinced me that this is and will be my last Thor product.

Good luck in your endeavor (s) working this problem.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.