Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2017, 05:37 PM   #8
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by TowJumper View Post
Thanks for the perspective Chance. One of my questions was if there was room to get to the bathroom with the table setup between the the sofas. Were you able to see it in this configuration?

Never thought about the generator location; how quiet are the on-board Onans compared to a portable small Yamaha or Honda generator?

Regards!
You can see table in video that Jamie posted, and it's offset to driver's side. I snapped picture for your reference. This should make it easier to pass by on passenger side as long as no one is sitting there, and also more comfortable to eat by sitting on driver-side goucho because of shorter reach to table. On the other hand table is too far from curb-side goucho. If this arrangement were in back as in a 24.1 the table could be wider and centered -- but that's more wishful thinking on my part.

The generator is much louder than a Honda 2,000 -- probably by around 15 decibels which is a bunch. These Onans are close to 70 decibels while Hondas at half load are in the low 50s.

Beyond noise I wouldn't want the exhaust blowing so close towards people sitting under awning. Additionally, it sits just under rear edge of awning, so installing a Venturi extension to discharge exhaust above roof may be more difficult with awning above. Perhaps installing Venturi at an angle may work OK. For tailgating at college games we've gone last two years they require Venturi on all generators (not that everyone complies).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	213
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	3802  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.