Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Denver mattress
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2017, 01:20 AM   #32
gmc

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluCamper View Post
I know this sounds bad, but....

we replaced our full queen mattress with a "mattress in a box" from Walmart for $300. it is an inner-spring with independent coils. It barely stiffer than I prefer, and have have a bamboo cooling topper from Amazon. Neither of us can feel the other getting in/out of bed. The mattress is directly on a wood platform. We are very happy with the setup.
After 3 1/2 months in the RV (this trip) - DW and I both had enough of the Denver mattress... We went your route - Short Queen "mattress in a box".
We got ours from Sears... they estimated 7-10 days - and we had it in 3.

Take the rolled up mattress into the bedroom (don't open it outside.. lol) - cut the straps and unroll it to a very thin/flat mattress. Cut the plastic bag around it and poof - 10" high firm inner spring mattress with a pillowtop.
Let it sit for 24 hours using one of the alternate beds for the night - and have slept in it for a week now. MUCH better.
As you said - can't feel the other getting in/out of bed.

Here's what I got... and just noticed they lowered the price - so filled out their 'price protection' form... $259.99 now - still free shipping. ($45 less than I paid 10 days ago.)
Sears.com

(Amazon had it slightly cheaper at the time - BUT you had to be a prime member AND they were estimating 6 week delivery - they would contact you to set a date after they had your money... With the price reduction now - Sears is cheaper.)

As for the original Denver mattress (this is 2014 unit) - I was able to fold it in quarters and stuff it in back of a 2 door jeep wrangler to take it away... I'll admit this was used more than the average in last 3 years - unit had been used one season when we got it (regular use) - we've spent easily over 12 months living in RV in last 2 1/2 years we've owned it. But still...
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.