Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Denver mattress
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2017, 02:44 AM   #33
mash557

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37TB
State: Texas
THOR #6162
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmc View Post
I think its time to do something about the RV mattress... certainly not built for the use we are giving it - and looking at the RV being our home now for a few months (at least until we sell one home and buy another...)

The hardest part is figuring what works without being able to try it...

I've seen suggestions here for several that are foam based... looks like Foam Factory will do an 8" thick of their medium HQ foam (rated 16 years) in short queen size for about $420 (including Dacron wrap...)
This is seeming like the way to go - but DW doesn't know if she'll like it without trying somehow.

I see Serta and Sealy have both had (at some time in recent years) inner spring versions for RV... but can't find anyone with them available to buy...
Never used an innerspring without a matching box spring/base under it, and don't see how one of those (box spring) will fit in without removing the slide from outside...
Anyone have experience with the innerspring on wood platform?

Other thoughts/suggestions welcome...
You should be just fine putting the innerspring on the platform. That is all the 'box springs' are anymore is just a hollow platform, no springs at all.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum