Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2017, 04:04 PM   #12
Joe-FL

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 37GT
State: Florida
THOR #5246
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDRider View Post
Hey all - about to sign for a new Tuscany and I have a couple of questions to ask the group:

1. Resistall? Worth it? Reading other blogs it seems like it is over priced for what it actually does

2: 5 year extended warranty? Give me great piece of mind but adding another $8,000 to the purchase price is a little steep.

As always thanks for the feedback.

The exterior protection? IMHO a couple good wax jobs each year is the best protection for any RV.

5 year extended warranty? You may not have any issues from day one with your new unit, or you may have it in the shop more than it is out. Most RV extended warranties are not going to do anything for you in the first year while your Thor warranty is still in place, plus remember that your engine/drive train warranty is minimum of 3 years and for some of it will be much longer. If it was me I would shop around in the first 8 or 10 months to find a good extended plan. For a 5 year coach plan which also kicks in for the engine/tranny you can probably get one for $3,500 or less depending on deductible. On the other hand, if you are only an occasional weekend camper and only putting 2,000 miles on a year of less, than maybe an extended warranty is a waste of money.
US Army 70-73 Retired LEO
Joe-FL is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum