Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: North to Alaska
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2017, 12:50 AM   #7
Dragon70

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 29.0
State: Colorado
THOR #2581
Quote:
Originally Posted by X Full Timer View Post
Hi folks...

Going to Alaska in our Siesta 24rs. Wondering if there is a Thor, or aftermarket "windshield protector" to deflect gravel etc etc... Does such a thing exist?

thanks in advance
X Full Timer (aka John)
I always like to answer peoples questions that they actually ask so first let me say, I don't know! I also don't like to go off topic but will just a little bit in this case. If someone tells you that you need a rock guar for your Alaska trip anymore than you need one in any other place I call BS. Sort of like the getting gas at half a tank thing. You'd just have to be stupid to run out. I've made this trek a few times and have never got so much as a chip. My brother who lives in Alaska and has driven this many more times has never had more than an occasional chip but no more than anywhere else. I've lived in Phoenix for the last 4 years and I've had to have 5 new windshields. The only thing I can equate it to is the high speeds people drive, 75+. The Canadians are the best when it comes to road repairs and while I've went through some pretty nasty areas where they were replacing an entire section of highway the speeds are slow as someone else noted. The ONLY area I would exercise a little extra caution is passing rock trucks on curves. They seem to want to fill them to the brim. It's an absolutely beautiful trip. Best of luck.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.