Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2014, 03:37 PM   #4
FW28z
Moderator Emeritus

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2011 Four Winds 28Z
State: Michigan
THOR #531
Here is another illustration for what I mean (of course, your water system must be similar for this to work):

Since I "reverse engineered" my water system, there could be a mistake - but I am pretty sure this is correct.

As an aside, one thing that has been nagging me is there is no shut-off valve for the antifreeze injection port, other than the plug tightness in the top of the line.

However, if it is not completely tight, I can see where this could inject a bit of air in my water lines. So I think next year, a new project is to install a valve in the line of the injection port so this does not happen.

Using a single valve with a plug to keep air out of the line just seems to me to be another cost cutting example that RV manufacturers are famous for.

However, in this case, their cost-cutting might actually allow you to inject sanitizer into the water tank, as the aftermarket antifreeze kits I have seen (Camco) use a three way valve to either:

• block off the water tank and connect the antifreeze port to the pump
  • connect the pump to the port and block off the antifreeze port

I don't think these valves would allow you to connect the antifreeze port to the water tank.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum