Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2017, 10:08 AM   #426
DinoC41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29M
State: Texas
THOR #2757
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
So I'm trying to one up Dino with my mods

Newest one is a rear track bar from Brazels RV. Its model #UTF53V8R

Last Thursday Dave, Sundance, came over to lend a hand and most important supervise me. I'm not a mechanic and really dont know what im doing. I'm amazed that i was able to do the mods i already completed without damaging and destroying the mh

Anyways this mod was probably the most difficult so far. Mainly because you have to be on your back or stomach by the rear differential with very little room. Would be much easier if you had a mechanics pit to drive over so you could work while standing

So Dave failed at supervising me and I screwed up a little which cost us a couple hours of drive time to get a couple parts. We were able to get the main bracket on the drivers side and spacer bracket on the passenger side installed. Dave had to leave and my back was killing me so it was a good time to stop

Over the weekend i installed the bracket to the frame rail but didnt install the track bar because it requires a 250 lb torque. No way to do that without a little help. My buddy came over today and we got the bar torqued down in about 15 minutes

Ill be testing it out in march with a quick trip to vegas

Thanks again Dave for the help. You have no idea how much I appreciate it. Its a rare thing these days to find quality friends willing to help. Thanks again

JerryAttachment 3826Attachment 3827Attachment 3828Attachment 3829
Well done Jerry, well done!!!!

2012 Jeep Liberty Sport 4X4 (Toad)
FMCA: F463694
DinoC41 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum