Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2017, 12:04 PM   #6
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboe View Post
Hello all,

Does anyone know if the Gemini can tow a 2700 lb Chevy Sonic Hatchback? I read where the coach rated as being capable of towing 5000 lbs but not sure if that's really accurate.

Thanks,

Jimboe
Thor specs show GCWR at 13,500 pounds, and GVWR at 10,360 pounds, so in theory even if your motorhome is loaded down close to its maximum weight rating (and I'm not suggesting that's a good idea), you should have up to 3,140 pounds to work with before reaching the Gross Combined Weight Rating.

if you don't pack a lot into your motorhome, then you may have a little more to work with for towing; provided hitch and chassis are rated for it. In this case the 5,000 pound hitch isn't the limit because you'd have to start out with a motorhome weighing only 8,500 pounds, and that's not likely to ever happen.

I'd get the motorhome weighed just to make sure, but you should be OK with a 2,700-pound car. You can also ask Thor to confirm.

Whether you'd be satisfied with available power (or lack thereof) or handling performance, I have no idea.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum