Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2017, 04:10 AM   #53
Kev

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport
State: Florida
THOR #3918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
It's not just the length that has to be estimated. The 31S has a lot more slide area plus a lot more slide seals that can leak, thereby allowing extra heat and moisture into motorhome. The 31S is also wider and taller.

Additionally, a 15,000 is only about 11% more capacity than a 13,500, which isn't much. If you estimate based on length alone, it still falls short:

26.5 feet X 15,000/13,500 = 29.4 feet

The 31S I think is about 31'-6" or close to that. Having said that, a lot depends on personal needs. Some people are OK with cooling down to 80 degrees while others must have it down to 70 degrees. And that difference is huge when it comes to required capacity. It's hard to compare based on subjective feedback that may not apply directly to you.

Good luck, honestly hope it works out for you.
I hardly think 80 degrees is cool. I live in Florida and don't know anyone who feels 80 degrees is cool in their home during the summer.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.