Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2017, 02:34 PM   #13
Joe-FL

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 37GT
State: Florida
THOR #5246
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suem62 View Post
I have an 2017 ACE that I just took delivery on the 30th. Stayed a couple nights at the dealer and went to dump when we got home and found the same issue of the 'pyramid' in the toilet. I tried pushing it down with a stick and it wouldn't budge. Must be a bad angle. Not sure how to get rid of it. I tried lots of water, ice and water and it still won't budge.

I'm going to call the dealer, but it seems like it's a wast of time based on all the comments I see about this being a design flaw.

Help!!!!
If the waste line is actually plumbed with a 45 degree piece of PVC it should still drop to the black tank rather quickly. If they have plumbed it with a 90 degree elbow, which I would be shocked that any RV manufacturer would attempt this, then it will not consistently flush to the black tank. RV ball style toilets are not designed with a holding tank that drop a large amount of water all at once to flush through a trap, they are designed to spray minimal water almost directly down into the black tank.

If the waste is getting to the black tank but is building up where it enters the tank, then there is not enough water in the tank, or the water being added to the black tank is leaking out.
US Army 70-73 Retired LEO
Joe-FL is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.