Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2017, 02:10 AM   #1
lspotho

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Siesta
State: California
THOR #3975
Tri-Lynx Wheel Chocks? Or other chocks...

I'm fairly new to driving an RV, and I don't currently have or use any wheel chocks. I use Tri-Lynx levelers. I was thinking about adding a set of their wheel chocks - but it looks like it will force me to use more leveling pads, and I wonder if there is a better solution.

First, I guess the question is do I need any at all? The main reason it seemed useful is to help position the RV as I drive onto the leveling pads - sometimes I go too far, and have to backup... Any comments on why one needs or uses wheel chocks?

Second - assuming I do get some - the Tri-Lynx version seems to NEED at least one pad, supporting the front of it - and maybe some more underneath, holding those 2 pieces together. That means I am lifting one or two sets of wheels more than I may need to - and I'll probably have to buy one more set of leveling pads. Am I missing something? Are there other solutions that don't require a matching leveling pad (assuming there is a reason to use a chock in this case), but can be used if you ARE using some leveling pads on that wheel, without adding still more in front? (I hope that sentence makes sense.)

Any other thoughts on chocks would be appreciated - unless this is WAY to much thinking about a simple or obvious subject!

Thanks
Dan
Thor Siesta 24' Class C

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum