RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Generator Issue
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2017, 08:18 PM   #5
maroonthruandthru

Brand: Still Looking
State: Mississippi
THOR #6454
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmc View Post
My 2014 Hurricane (cousin of Windsport) - and if I recall my 2000 Hurricane - had 3 locations to start the generator from...
  • Switch on generator
  • Switch on 'monitor panel' near bathroom (with tank monitors, genny timer, etc)
  • Switch on dashboard
Do either of the interior switches work? Did all of them work before?

When you say will not start - I am assuming it does nothing? (doesn't turn over, etc)...

I'd expect those switches to just be extensions of the outside switch - ie - no separate circuit breakers or fuses - they just close the same starting circuit the 'on genny' switch does.

If neither works - I would start at the genny looking for the wire connections from the interior switches... Not likely that two interior switches would both fail.

If only one interior switch works - then could be at genny end or switch end.

I'm 1000 miles from my RV at the moment (it is staying warm in FL while I am in MI) - so can't check wiring locations on mine at the moment...
The only one on the inside is on the dashboard. It does nothing at all. It was working the day of the trip home.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.