Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2017, 04:32 PM   #15
petew

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: North Carolina
THOR #5374
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcr1010 View Post
The wind and terrain seems to affect my mpg the most. We usually drive around 60 mph most times with no toad and get a little better than 10 mpg more or less.
A year or so ago though, we had a strong tail wind in high desert and got an unbelievable mpg. So much so, that my wife took a second look at the gas slip and recal'd the mpg. With head winds of course, which seems like most of the time, just the opposite occurs.
I find that this is very true. I have a scan gauge in my Vegas and I keep a pretty good eye on it basically out of curiosity.
I can tell you that according to that gauge hills and headwinds cause mileage to take a big hit.
My best mileage was under 65 mph , no generator, not towing and no wind.
That's a big old loaf of bread that we are pushing down the road ! But the Vegas / Axis seem to be pretty slick areodynamically speaking.
Compared to the Chevy based super C I used to drive it is much quieter at speed with much less wind noise.

Pete

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.