Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2017, 01:17 PM   #6
Joe-FL

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 37GT
State: Florida
THOR #5246
Extended warranties are simply insurance policies. There are many different variations and options, but when it comes down to it.....simply repair insurance.

The only thing I know about an extended plan through CW is that there is a very small deductible if you take it to them for the repair work, and a much larger one if you take it someplace else. Friends of ours have their plan and it has been a nightmare for them. One of the extra hidden costs involves shipping of parts. If you are having an extended warranty covered repair done and they have to order parts, they charge a ton of money for "shipping/handling" to get the parts. On one visit he had several things broke and they were covered under extended warranty. By the time he paid his deductible and "shipping/handling" on numerous parts his bill was over $300.00. So IMHO a CW extended warranty would be the most expensive and worse one to get.

There are a lot of plans out there. I think on a new unit I would let the factory warranty run for 10 months or so and then start shopping around. However it is somewhat of a personal choice. I have just under $2,000 invested in my extended warranty and have never used it. If my generator burned up or my frig went out I would easily recover my costs. But then again I may have this RV for 5 or 6 years and never have a repair.
US Army 70-73 Retired LEO
Joe-FL is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum