Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2017, 07:34 AM   #9
rving2015

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37tb
State: California
THOR #2678
Outside speakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbird_in_SC View Post
Forgot to add, the external speakers are not connected to the external TV. This makes no sense to me and this forum answered that question for me. I would love to hear a solution to solve for this if anyone has figured it out.
Hi Jbird,

Here is a semi easy fix but it will take fishing a 25 feet of 3.5mm stereo male on both ends. Then you plug one end to the output on outside tv. Then fish it behind fridge, under bunk by reaching up from outside opening if under bunk slide looking up you will see what im talking about. Then remove the drawer under water heater cabinet and drawer under stereo. From there use an extendable car wash stick and feed it towards the bunk and opening mentioned earlier...outside of bunk slide. Pull the speaker wire back to reaer stereo and unscrew the stereo to pull wire out a few inches. This will then plug into the aux.in of the rear stereo. I know...crazy. Then when you want to use the speakers for outside tv you plug the 3.5mm male into the stereo, put into aux mode and your tv sound from outside tv will then come out of the outside speakers. When not using i unplug the 3.5mm from aux in on stereo and valcro on side of stereo. Its works perfect. I had to use 3.5mm plug on the back of the tv since there wasn't rc plugs but my friend with the same coach as I 2016 thor challenger 37tb had rc output plugs. Dont fogrt to zip tie the wire and leave a little extra along the waterlines under the bunk.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.