Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2017, 12:09 AM   #12
Laco

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Gemini 24TX (Formerly)
State: California
THOR #5821
We have the 24TX on the Mercedes chassis. Its a slightly heaver chassis then the transit, though it still presents towing and weight restrictions. I have towed our HHR with it, but won't do so on long trips or over mountainous terrain. The car back there just puts everything right at the edge of max, not comfortable, at least for me. Mercedes engineered the drivers seat to be rotatable, by allowing the parking brake handle to be depressed flat on the floor, with the brake applied. To release, just pull the handle up, it locks in its functional position. In a small motorhome, that extra seat IMO is pretty important to have available. We downsized from a very large DP, and drivability was very important, plus my wife is willing to drive this, but wouldn't the DP. We find the Gemini to be easier to use, though the lack of interior space has presented lots of things to adjust to.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum