Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2017, 06:22 AM   #3
Beacher

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34E
State: California
THOR #937
2014 Hurricane 32N Water running down inside of windshield while driving.

Way back, many years ago, with those 2014 Hurricane/Windsport models there were windshield issues experienced by some owners during the warranty period. Your new to you Hurricane may not have had the windshield resealed under warranty being that it had so little use.

For those affected, the windshield would pop out, (or crack), if the entry door was quickly slammed shut if all the windows and vents were closed.

Or, more exciting, the windshield would pop out, (or crack), while leveling. Due to the coach twisting a bit.

These issues were always traced back to two root causes. 1. The front cap was trimmed very aggressively during manufacture with very little "lip" for mounting the windshield in spots, or... 2. Not enough adhesive applied during manufacture.

Both issues were solved by removing and remounting the windshield with attention to the thin areas, (if any), and ample adhesive.

The other possibility may be collected condensation at the top of the windshield not noticed until driving down the road a bit. That's what the fans are for. They help keep the condensation under control.

When many people were returning their coaches due to windshield leaks and cracks, (also common with Vegas/Axis models), they systemically performed three inspections:

Looking for an unusual exterior seal installation would be the first check. Carefully feeling the perimeter of the windshield for obvious movement, especially at the top, both inside and outside would be the second check. Then, testing for leaks by aiming a water stream around the windshield seal while someone sits inside looking for drips. That's the very scientific third test the dealer would perform.

If they were pressed for time or manpower, they forgo any inspection and simply removed and replaced the windshield using more than enough adhesive.

I know this because I own a 2014 and literally spent hours one morning at the now defunct McMahon's dealership, (in Southern California), watching the techs fix windshields. I stayed around very discreetly when I needed warranty work on my bunk lift motors, rails, and cables.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum