Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2017, 03:17 PM   #5
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by wredman View Post
one issue, or difference, I see with "smaller" RVs is that they are not much smaller from the perspective of the air resistance. They are lighter, and less engine is required for hills, but the bulk of the energy expended on a trip is against the air.

Where do you find yearly RV sales, your #s don't match the RVIA data.

Valid point on wind drag, although I assume it works against larger motorhomes. When engine is sized for adequate acceleration and hill climbing, then it becomes too large to be optimized for fuel economy during level-road cruising. Additional overdrive gears help with that, but engines can only operate so slow before they become inefficient or create vibration problems, etc...

SSI: C’s Shine as ’16 Motorized Sales up 12.7% | RV Business

SSI: Class B Sales Roll to 13.1% Gain for 2016 | RV Business

Also show December sales versus previous year show Class B and C were up 7.1% and 3.6% respectively, while Class A sales were down 3%.

I'm curious what numbers you have in case these are off?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.