Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Miramar 34.2
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2014, 04:52 PM   #43
brianh442

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 33.5
State: Washington
THOR #578
An update on my 34.2,

Finally picked it up from the dealer, 2 months later. The dealer is telling me the issue with the slide not moving in and out correctly was caused by a roller piece that was missing!?!? According to the technician that worked on the slide, they (THOR) forgot to install a roller on the forward slide track, under the slide. This missing roller was putting undue stress on the forward part of the slide, causing the issues!

They had to remove the slide completly from the motorhome to make the necessary repairs. They also replaced all the rails and put low speed, high torque motors on the slide, so it moves a little slower but I'm hoping in the long run it will work properly!! I'm willing to sacrifice a few seconds for a smooth operation.

Another example of poor workmanship and even worse quality control from Thor!!!

Still missing parts that THOR has either failed to ship, or in the case of a wood trim piece, sent the wrong one!! 10 months we've owned this RV, it has been parked at the dealer more then it's been in our possession!!!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum