Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2017, 12:29 AM   #4
DocP

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Georgetown 31L5
State: Ohio
THOR #6277
Quote:
Originally Posted by CasaLoca View Post
I removed the cylinder from every compartment lock, wrapping each in a piece of masking tape, and took them to a local locksmith. He rearranged the tumblers in each one to a new pattern and created me a new key to fit the reset locks. Cost was about $11 each plus four keys.
As for a locked switch inside, I think that would just be to keep kids from doing something unsafe. Unless you keep money in that bunk, I don't think it would be a target for a burglar.
One other item. I discovered the hard way that I should have had a spare lock created when I did the rest. Out on the road I needed access to the compartment that had the air compressor and the step ladder. Fouled with road dirt or whatever, it would not open. Luckily the battery drill was in a different compartment so I had the tool to drill through the lock and open the compartment. It occurred to me to wonder what I would have done if the drill had been behind a bad lock. Now the drill rides inside, my new master key. Now I just have to hope I don't get locked outside.
Chuck Peck in CasaLoca
Good idea - worth considering!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum