Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2017, 11:30 AM   #547
SuperD

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
Thanks for the replies. I wanted to take a 31S for a test ride but the closet they had was. 29M. Heard wind noise when driving and couldn't figure where it was coming from. My concern was if wind is coming in if it rains water will enter the same place when raining. I took a 34 for a test ride for comparison and no wind noise. I am afraid to put a deposit on a 31S if it has the same problem. I called Thor tech support and they said there was an issue caused by the configuration of the grille.

Kev
Kev, Thor told you right, the wind noise is a common problem with Hurricane and Windsport and is easily corrected. The majority of the noise is caused by the egg crate plastic grill, worse on some coaches. Mine was corrected by adjusting the hood, which was before I knew about the grill problem. Thor will send a piece of black expanded metal for a grill insert to silence the whistle.

Don't let the noise keep you from buying the 31S, really not a problem.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum