Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Saf-t-plus
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2017, 01:19 PM   #81
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Yeah: Except: I don't like the way the kitchen sink is boxed in by the pantry and the refer. Didn't notice that on the floorplan. Would have been much nicer to have the same arrangement as our 24.1: Sink on the left, refer in the middle, and closet on the right--that opens up that area a lot more. It doesn't look that bad on the floorplan but in the pics (#10 of 11 at the link you provided) it looks really cramped.
We discussed the very same thing as well, so it must be something that most buyers would want different; so why would Winnebago do it this way?

Perhaps at a detail level, Winnebago thought the depth of the fridge was too much to place directly across the bathroom. If you notice on Winnebago floor plan that's drawn to scale, they make the kitchen counter less deep than the fridge. I like that a lot anyway to make small motorhome feel wider, but in this case it was probably necessary because the kitchen is almost directly across from bathroom. Whoever is cooking or doing ditches will have their back to bathroom. In Axis 24.1 the kitchen counter does not place a person cooking with back to bathroom.

In this particular Rayo floorplan, swapping fridge to back would only address part of issue, since half of kitchen would still remain across from bathroom.

You mention that Rayo are same size as Axis, but keep in mind they are actually 90 inches wide instead of 94 inches like the Axis. An adequate aisle width probably gets a little tougher to provide.

I find these design tradeoffs very interesting to discuss, but should probably do it under your Dream Axis/Vegas Floorplan thread instead of under this thread about handling. By the way, Rayo are not only 4 inches narrower, but also 5 inches lower, and the lower CG should help with handling. Narrower width not so much. Overall I like the size of the Reyo better. We are not that big and don't need the extra few inches of headroom. Six-five headroom is plenty.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum