Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2017, 10:12 PM   #556
SuperD

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Made a 380 mile trip over to Abilene, TX to meet with Dino, Angie, Dino's twin brother Dennis, and his wife Janet. Had a Great Time meting everyone!!!

I installed the 5 Star tune prior to the trip, I was very disappointed. The tune did not correct the engine braking problem in tow/haul mode. I didn't notice any power increase. When on cruise control the coach didn't hold speed as well as stock. The only improvement I noticed was better, smoother, and quicker up shifting. At this point I am inclined to change back to the stock tune. I'm going to call 5 Star tomorrow, explain my disappointment, and see what they recommend. Perhaps I don't have the latest software, I don't know, just know I'm not impressed with what I experienced on the trip!!!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.