Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2017, 02:30 PM   #14
TurnerFam

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #4735
been to Wakarusa several times, a couple for warranty service, and a couple for both the Thor Motor Coach factory tour, and just an overnight stop over.

the service center is where the workers KNOW the products they are working on, not like a dealer who might sell and service many different brands. these workers are very in touch with how the factory builds each unit and installs the products for each. they have the parts and supplies on hand and don't have to wait on 'ordering' any warranty parts since the parts warehouse is across the street.
the service center has the room for any type of work or repair, has a great waiting room if you need it, and brings you coach back out to you when the work day is over. they have 20+ parking sites, with electric and shared water between each, and a dump station out front, though you could fit another several coaches behind the sites if needed - plenty of room for everyone and the sites are paved.

Wakarusa downtown is small, but has a library with internet, several shops and restaurants, and outside of town is McDs - as well as the Factory across the street from the service center.
a short drive 10 miles or so down the road is Napannee, home to a larger supply of options, and Newmar, which also has a great factory tour.

the service center also has some perks(shhhh, don't tell!)... they may give you some 'extras' during your work day(wink, wink)... they replaced our water pump just because I mentioned it was a little louder than I liked, and cut us a larger sewer plate hole because I mentioned that the original was a little too small, etc. all this was just in a conversation with the nice worker who was assigned to our coach, not due to any warranty work I had scheduled for... sweet. ( and not a dime in cost )
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.