Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2017, 05:33 PM   #2
axis earl

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: S.O.B.
State: California
THOR #3483
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRohan View Post
Well we have had some nice days recently here in upstate NY and of course so wish to be able to finally use my Axis. As many of you may remember I have owned this unit since 2014, purchased new and to date has only placed 4,400 miles. Most, nearly all are back and forth to the dealership for issues and twice had to make the trip to the factory for many issues. So, back to my getting hopeful for usage this year, so went to start engine and engine light comes on and remains on. I also needed to place a battery charger on the auto battery side to get started. Now I have started both the generator and vehicle motor often during these winter periods and did not have any special issues. Well guess my luck has run out. Unit has a Ford motor and equipment, but local Ford dealership does not handle these units. Do believe I have followed all the recommended procedures for storing for periods, but as might be expected with this unit and Thor itself cannot be more frustrated with Thor and this unit. Anyone have some suggestions? I am sure Thor prefer not to ever hear from me again.

Thanks to all Jim.
JRohan,
Sorry to hear your frustrations. I can only offer my humble opinion here. I am guessing that your Axis is not garaged and is facing the winter elements which are very hard on a battery that is not being used regularly, especially if it is the battery on the chassis that came with your unit. Starting the engine periodically helps, but most likely does not charge up the battery adequately. I would permanently install a battery trickle charger and leave it plugged in while the unit is parked. As far as the check engine light is concerned, like all the modern computer moduled vehicles, it could be just about anything and the only way to nail it down is with a qualified mechanic that can hook up the OBDII reader (on board diagnostics) and identify the problem. You are correct as to which Ford dealers will service the Ford chassis you have which is probably the E350. Everyone faces this dilemma and is just one reason why we didn't purchase a Mercedes Sprinter based coach. It is obvious to say that a RV is not without frustrations, work, study and need for patience. Hang in there and hope things get better for you.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.