Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Creaking jacks
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2017, 06:09 PM   #3
ArrrV

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2015 ACE 30.2
State: Florida
THOR #1287
Creaking Jacks

Our ACE 30.2 has had creaking when the jacks are deployed (NEVER when they are not deployed) from the beginning--not always, just 90% of the time--but never when we would bring it in for service!!!

Interesting comment about the over extension, as I have noticed that the jacks seem to raise the unit up when deployed, rather than just stabilizing it at the drive-in height. We use the automatic setting to achieve level, which I have reset several times in hopes of eliminating the noise. It could be that the factory default is to over extend. Conversely, it could be that the jacks are not overextended, but that by raising the MH up a bit higher than drive-in height the creaks come from the chassis or springs. I can hear the creaks from outside the unit, just don't know what causes it.

Any further owner experience or input on quieting the creak, which sounds very loud at o'dark o'clock, would be most appreciated.

We use jackpads under the jacks, nothing else.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum