Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2017, 10:44 PM   #1
hpycmpr

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34J
State: Texas
THOR #6099
advice on broken door lock

I have a 2016 Hurricane 34J. While out on a ranch over the weekend my door would not open. It was not locked, as I had the key and could turn the lock. The handle would open, but it turns out the tumbler inside did not move. Apparently after I shut the door like normal, something broke on the inside not letting the tumbler engage when I used the handle.

My phone, and access to the warranty repair were locked inside the motorhome. I managed to bend the door trim out to get a screw driver in to pry the tumbler back. I could not get enough of the tumbler to pass the bracket to let the door open. I then drilled the lock out, but that didnt work either.

I ended up prying the door trim back further and drilling out the bracket that blocked the tumbler from releasing the door, subsequently damaging the door pretty bad. After opening the door, I realized even if I were to have gotten in through a window, I would not have been able to get to the stuck tumbler to open the door.

Has anyone else seen or heard of this problem, and if so, what was the outcome? Thanks for your help.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.