Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2017, 01:26 AM   #565
Kev

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport
State: Florida
THOR #3918
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradnKaren View Post
The generator had 188 hours on it and my husband looked at the oil and it hadn't been changed. There was a tiny little knick in the corner of the glass half-bath mirrored door, a tiny knick in the corner of the dinette seat, the floors were dirty, and there was something sticky (soda?) sprayed inside the fridge. Also it drove horrible, like it had a tire out of balance. There were other things but I couldn't get past those. As minor as they seem and I know the dealer would have fixed them, I just didn't want to take ownership of an RV that had obviously been used, albeit not titled so still being sold as "new". The salesperson said maybe it was a show model, but wasn't sure.

We searched the entire state of Florida for that model. Ended up with a near perfect coach at a price $5k LESS than the show model. Got it at Open Roads Complete RV. http://www.openroads.us Flew up to Atlanta from Orlando. They picked us up from the airport and after paperwork and inspection, we drove it home with one overnight stop. They were fantastic there. We went to 5 different dealers in FL before we settled on that model and they had the best price.
Thanks for the info. I will try to be festidious with my inspection. I am glad you found what you wanted.

Kev

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum