Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2017, 01:15 PM   #4
Joe-FL

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 37GT
State: Florida
THOR #5246
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace30.2 View Post
From what I've read and videos I've watched the back flush system really only works good if it's a straight shot into the tank. The Ace tank(at least the 30.2)is flat the it drops about 8 to 10 inches down to the drain. I don't think the Flush King would make a difference. It would be cheaper to just dump buckets of water down the toilet. Thanks for the input.
This is the Flush King I have utilized for years:

Flush King Reverse RV Flush Valve, Boxed - Valterra.com | Valterra.com

It gives you an additional gate valve on the end of your sewer discharge. After dumping your black tank you make sure your gray gate valves are closed, hook up a garden hose to the Flush King and turn it on. It forces water back up through your sewer plumbing into your black tank after closing the gate valve on the end of the Flush King. Simply leave the water on for 3 or 4 minutes, turn it off, and open the Flush King gate valve. It is filling your black tank from the bottom so you will certainly get the "junk" out of there. I only rinse two or three times and the water is coming out perfectly clear.

If you ever get a piece of debris stuck in a black tank gate valve you will wish you had the ability to back flush the system because many times that is the only way to dislodge it and fully close the valve. If your black tank gate valve isn't fully closed and sealed while traveling there will be a surprise waiting for you as you bend down in front of it and remove the cap when setting up camp the next time.

If drilling a hole in the top of your tank works for you then that is another idea and will possibly help someone else. Based on my limited experience a Flush King has been worth the money.
US Army 70-73 Retired LEO
Joe-FL is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum