Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2017, 08:18 PM   #7
dogday51

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite 30 FE
State: Arkansas
THOR #6012
Freedom Elite 30FE

Congratulations on purchasing your Thor Motor Home. We have had ours for a week now but have not taken it camping yet. It is sitting in our drive way with the power cord hooked up to our house. Since we do not have a 30 amp from the house, we purchased a Camo 15 Amp male to 30 Amp female (standard) adapter. Model is 15-30-RV. It will work until we have a 30 amp circuit installed to the outside of the house. I have discovered several recommended modifications. Water from the roof flows down the side of the camper. Rain gutter spouts that I purchased will not fit. Got to come up with a better solution. The bed is too hard for me or the wife. We purchased a queen foam topper from Walmart, cut it to size to fit the (not really full queen) size mattress in the RV. Works like a charm. I have a cargo trailer with electric brakes that I tow my Honda Goldwing Trike with. I am having CW install a trailer brake controller (Primus IL) as I need it with anything that has electric brakes that I will tow. I might get hydraulic leveling jacks installed. We will wait and see how our camping experience goes with out them. Good luck and keep me informed of your progress.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.