Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Newbie question
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2017, 01:42 PM   #16
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Not to beat this dead horse, but reading my newest MotorHome magazine last night reminded me a little of this thread -- and many other threads that discuss importance of weighing a motorhome.

A large Class C with two slides built on Ford E-450 was weighed as part of their review, with water and propane but no passengers or cargo, and the rear axle weight was over Ford chassis rating.

Furthermore, the large motorhome was built with lots of storage but was within 580 pounds of its 14,500-pound Gross Vehicle Weight Rating. What good is all that space if you can't carry anything?

The scary part is that if this MH is purchased without first weighing it, which I'd bet most buyers don't do before closing a deal, the owner would end up extremely dissatisfied and frustrated since a "fix" for overweight would not be available.

I find it amazing that major manufacturers (it's not a Thor) can be this careless with design, and that they would build it anyway without first weighing the prototypes.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum