Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: New Purchase
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2017, 03:30 AM   #14
Kev

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport
State: Florida
THOR #3918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau388 View Post
Thor Motor Coach had very few problems with the smaller slides. Major problems with the full wall slides until the 3TRAX Schwintek system came out. The old system uses motors with a 350:1 gear ratio and the newer ones 500:1. I have had zero problems with my slides which have had about 110 cycles in and out. Just follow the instructions: set the parking brake, level the coach and deploy the slides (engine running, generator running or shore power), as you need a full 14 volts for the motors to operate properly. It seems most of the problems are caused by the slide box not being perfectly square or motor failure. Helps if you lubricate the gear reduction system and the coupler monthly
Beau388
Could you tell me how to lubricate the gear reduction system and coupler?
I like to keep my toys well maintained. Appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Kev

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum