Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2014, 06:06 PM   #26
JDHoge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 31F
State: Georgia
THOR #631
Members,

I apologize for the long gap in my posts on this thread/topic. We haven't had to use the 12 volt water system for quite a while, so it wasn't until recently that the noise issue came back up.

I haven't installed a quieter pump nor an accumulator as i wanted to try just one more thing prior to taking those steps. Here is the idea, and I'd like to know what others think of it:

The last remaining area of rattling water pipes is behind the showed and I can't easily get in there to tie them down.

So, I'm thinking that a small spray of "Crazy Foam" insulation material might be shot through a small tube sized-hole (less than an 1/8 inch) just below the hot and cold shower handles (low enough not to hit the unit itself and carefully drilled to avoid hitting the water lines which must be equally spaced apart at the handles). I might do this again half way down the shower wall to the floor and then again right near the shower floor (maybe 2 inches above it).

It seems to me that if I can avoid hitting the supply lines and restrain myself from shooting too much foam, that this might silence the rattling pipes. Granted there is a lot to lose here if I screw up. But I'm starting to think that this is worth the risk.

I guess a worst case scenario would be if I accidentally hit a water line and had to use my plunge cutter to get behind the shower wall for repairs; secure the pipes properly and then install an oversized plate using clear silicone to hide the opening...

Any thoughts?

John
Athens, GA

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum