Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2014, 04:07 AM   #1
jlabit

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds Hurricane 33T
State: Florida
THOR #484
Dead Coach and Chassis Batteries

I made a thread on the standard Class A forum and it was suggested I ask my question here. My Class A motor home, a 2010 Thor Hurricane 33T is in covered storage about 45 miles from where I live. The last time I went over to start the motor and generator, both the chassis and coach battery were completely dead. On examination, it looks like I did not properly insert the 120 vac ground power connector. I plugged it in properly this past Wednesday. I went back over today expecting everything to be charged back up, but both batteries were still dead. I bought the MH used last year and have no idea how old the batteries are, although I suspect they are probably 4 years old, which is the life expectancy of an automotive battery. I am trying to locate both the chassis and coach batteries. I have found one set in a lower storage door right behind the drivers position on the left side of the coach. I suspect that these are the chassis batteries (They are two 6 volt batteries hooked up in series to provide 12 volts. I called Thor this afternoon, and they told me they had no idea where they were. (Unbelievable) Does anyone on here know the location of these batteries on a Thor motor home? I intend to replace the batteries and hope that fixes my problems. Hopefully, it is not the converter. Thanks for any assistance you may be able to provide.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.