Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2014, 11:13 AM   #29
JDHoge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 31F
State: Georgia
THOR #631
Quote:
Originally Posted by blw2 View Post
Yeah, might work.

My concerns include potential moisture entrapment problems, especially if there's ever a leak
and
the mess it would make for you if you ever need to get into the wall to work on that plumbing.

If I were considering it, I think I might do a little playing around with the foam first, to get a real world idea about its volumetric expansion rates.....
Maybe even make a little mockup of the wall so you could get a visual of how it might act

I tried something similar once.... I was trying to attach something to a hollow core door, approx eye level. On a whim I bought some of that foam and squirted it in before passing the bolts through. My thought was that it might fill the void to add a little support to the skins. I'm not convinced that it did any good. I had the feeling that most of the foam dripped down inside the cavity before it had a chance to expand where I needed it.
I see your points. I've worked with crazy foam in several situations and have noted that it tends to drop before it expands. And then there is also the danger of getting too much into a void where it can't escape, which, I am told can be dangerous as the material produces heat as it expands and can develop enough force to warp thin plastics.

A model would be the judicious approach, for sure, but I'm pretty lazy these days.

Can you think of any other approach to the problem? Has anyone disassembled a typical Thor shower stall? I'll have to go out and examine its structure. I've seen the big round attachment buttons but never messed with them. I'm thinking the surround is one piece placed on a floor pan.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum