Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2017, 12:36 PM   #73
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
I am just going by what the dealer told me. I can tell you this even if it could be done at the dealer I am sure it would be a lot more money than if it was built at the factory. In addition if it was possible I wouldn't trust the dealer cutting a hole in the roof of a new coach. BTW what dealer told you this? Just curious as I live in Florida also.

Kev
Dealer doesn't have to cut a hole in roof of coach. Many owners add a second A/C and it's normally installed in the vent opening in bedroom. The openings are normally the same size.

You are correct about cost having to be much much higher if upgrade is done after the motorhome is built. A second A/C wouldn't add much "incremental" cost compared to being installed at factory -- may even be cheaper if owner can do labor and MH is prewired.

Replacing an almost-new electrical panel or generator for a different (larger) one does add a lot of incremental cost compared to what the factory would incur. Even if you can sell the equipment you remove, there is so much wasted labor.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum